Servants At Manitoqua
The SAM program seeks to challenge students entering 10th - 13th grades to live out lives of service in light of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As a SAM, you will have the opportunity to grow in your faith, serve and share in the community at and surrounding Manitoqua, and participate in classic camp activities. SAM's are valuable members of the Manitoqua team because of their leadership and service.
Registration for this program is unique because it is an application-based process. Once an application has been received, our Program Coordinator will need to approve or deny an application.Therefore, it is highly suggested that these students be involved in one of the following areas:
- A small group
- Various leadership roles
- Service opportunities
- Team building activities
- Personal assessment
- A leadership and mission focused curriculum
Action Staff | 1 year of high school completed
- Responsibilities: general up-keep of camp's grounds in addition to leading camp activities
Program Assistant | 2 years of high school completed
- Responsibilities: assisting staff in the day camp program.
- Complete an online registration profile for the applying camper
- Select your desired program and complete the application forms provided
- You will be placed on a wait list in order to go through the review process. On March 1, April 1, and May 1, we will evaluate all completed applications received.
- Approved applications will be contacted to arrange payment. Applicants who are not approved will also be notified.
Project Manitoqua (9th - 13th grades)
Campers will live in nature as they venture out on a backpacking trip through the beautiful Manistee National Forest in northern Michigan. The adventure begins Monday morning as campers arrive at camp to load their gear. Campers will then depart for the Manistee National Forest and embark on their three-day/three-night hike along the Manistee River. This will provide both group and individual challenges as campers enjoy the amenities of God's creation while learning valuable backcountry skills. The week will conclude on Friday with a team experience at the Adventure Zone.